I would like to open a discussion regarding the concept of an Adept and its required preparation in an esoteric school settings like the Rosicrucian orders, not only AMORC but other Rosicrucian schools or orders as well.
- Why 12 R+C Paths?
- Clues to the Hidden Chambers
- The Sacred Secret Chamber
- The Personal "Note"
- The Light Body Exercises
- The Light Egg (A.M.O.R.C.)
- The Egg Exercise (S.R.I.A.)
- The Body of Light Activation (S.U.)
- The Middle Pillar Ritual (H.O.G.D.)
- Cosmic Spiral
- AMORC Cosmic Spiral
- Bringing Down the Light
- Cosmic Counterpart
- What I Found So Far
- Contacting with My HS
- Body of Light & Related
- Reaching the Personal Note
- Update History
Why 12 R+C Paths?
"Each of the twelve "Secret [Rosicrucian] Houses" have a particular and specified raison d'etre. Each is bound to a established discipline of the Rosicrucian Order in itself, and this signifies that there are in this tradition TWELVE PATHS, or again that the postulant, in order to profit from the Rosicrucian technique, must possess an interior "Note" corresponding with TWELVE NOTES which form the keyboard of the Rosicrucian Order. This means also that the Rosicrucian tradition has TWELVE PATHS OR CHARACTERISTICS WITHIN THE SAME OUTER VISIBLE ORGANISATION. ALSO, THAT THE RESULT FROM THE SAME TEACHINGS, THE SAME TECHNIQUE OR METHOD, TWELVE DIFFERENT OUTCOMES CAN BE ATTAINED, AND ALL CORRESPOND IN THE LAST ANALYSIS TO THE FINAL STATE OF ROSE-CROIX. This explanation does not mean that there are twelve different outer organisations. It is in the same outer organisation that these twelve possibilities are united”. (Bernard, 1968)
"The official monographs of our Order, the works published under the authority of, our tradition, the articles and conferences of our beloved Imperator as well as my own writings and explanations, repeat without ceasing that the Rosicrucian Order AMORC gives to its members the means of visible initiation which permits them one day to reach the invisible brotherhood. In other words it is often said that the Rosicrucian Order is the authentic VISIBLE way towards the INVISIBLE brotherhood of the Rose-Croix. The work, zeal and perseverance leads the sincere member to the state of initiatic understanding required for admission among the adepts of the Invisible Fraternity where THOSE WHO ARE READY are received. One can understand as a consequence that the invisible fraternity of the Rose-Croix IS CONCERNED with the activities of its outer organization - The Rosicrucian Order AMORC — both collectively and by the progress of each of its members. This progress is evaluated not by the mass of monographs studied, but by the TRUE development realized by the Rosicrucian and above all if a member knows how to USE the visible methods confided in him by the outer Rose-Croix, and if, in consequence, he has built an inner structure of sufficient value to show THAT HE IS READY. Then he can be assured that the doors of the inner Rose-Croix will be opened when the right moment comes. The responsibility of his own advancement is thus left to each member. He will inevitably reap by sincere work, immeasurably more understanding and efficiency and in the last analysis his life will be better, more orderly and happier."
Raymond Bernard (1923-2006)Discover the Litterary Work of Raymond BERNARDContact the site : HUMANISM & TRANSCENDENCE
The Sacred Secret Chamber
- Dark Portal: Visualize the Secret Chamber's dark portal (as illustrated above).
- Golden Key: Perform the part of the Initiation Ritual to get a number and a word or frase to use in the next step. which the later is the chamber's key to contact the student's Higher Self.
- Golden Seal: Perform the part of the Initiation Ritual to create a visualized composite made of a Triangular tought-form placing the received Word, the Number and the HS on each vertice.
- Entering into the Chamber: Visualise the Golden Seal until the feeling of entering into the chamber. Suggestion: use the skrying technique, visualizing a 3D Golden Seal and projecting through it. After get into the chamber, the student's Inner Master (HS) should be called asking for guidance.
- Open to receive an Inner Master (HS) message.
- The Word: Further instruction on The Word can be found in the AMORC-D11T-MM#010 (PT).
- HS Contact: Further instructions to contact the HS can be found in the AMORC-D10T-MM#018 (PT).
- The last two steps should be used as a regular meditation practice to contact the HS getting its guidance. Also is important to noticed that particular details about the above mentioned ritual cannot be disclosed here as a result of my personal vous to the Order.
Clues to the Hidden Chambers
"That place where you are sitting now (in visualization) is the first chamber from a series of preparatory chambers. The place where you are is part of a large temple. A large squared building having in its center one temple in the likeness of a six pointed star, or two triangles interlaced [forming a Hexagram]. It is a majestic temple, silent and plenty of peace. Around the star temple there are 12 small preparation chambers like the one you are, that is the first one of the series." (AMORC-D11T-MM#001 (PT) p.6)
The Personal "Note"
"Another aspect of sonic chakra resonance has to do with the actual frequency or keynote of each chakra. There a multitudinous different keynotes and scales with regard to this. I often will simply sound the vowels on a monotone (in the same key) and let the harmonic (and the specific formant of the vowel) create the chakra resonance.
When I do use different frequencies (or keynote) to use for each chakra, I prefer a diatonic major scale, starting on the note C. This is one of the most popular systems utilized to resonate the chakras. It is, as I have said, merely a system and there are others.
Of particular note is that the fundamental frequencies used for this system are harmonically related-that is the notes are the natural result of the geometric vibrations of a given string (brought within a single octave). The tuning is different than that of a keyboard (which utilizes a C that vibrates at 261 Hz). The notes that are createdcreated from the harmonically related scale are based upon the harmonics created from the fundamental notes of the note C that vibrates at 256 cycles per second (and then having the harmonics transposed down so that the fit within the octave of that C note). 256 Hz. is a harmonic of 1 cycle a second. Many believe this keynote to be in natural resonance with many of the frequencies of the Earth itself. Some belief it is a harmonic of the actual frequency of the Earth.
The following is the system that I have utilized for the CHAKRA CHANTS and it's follow up recordings:
Crown - SahasraraKeynote: BFrequency: 480 Hz.Vowel: EeeBija: OmElement: AllShabd Sound: OmEnergy: Transcendence
3rd Eye - AjnaKeynote: AFrequency: 426.7 Hz.Vowel: AyeBija: ShamElement: AllShabd Sound: Bells/SpaceEnergy: Insight, Wisdom
Throat - VishuddhiKeynote: GFrequency: 384 Hz.Vowel: EyeBija: HamElement: EtherShabd Sound: CricketsEnergy: Communication, Creation
Heart - AnahataKeynote: FFrequency: 341. 3 Hz.Vowel: AhBija: YamElement: AirShabd Sound: WindEnergy: Compassion, Love
Navel - ManipuraKeynote: EVowel: OhFrequency: 320 Hz.Bija: RamElement: FireShabd Sound: Roaring FireElement: FireEnergy: Power
Sacral - SvadisthanaKeynote: DFrequency: 288 HzVowel: OooBija: VamElement: WaterShabd Sound: OceanEnergy: Life Energy
Root - MuladharaKeynote: CFrequency: 256 Hz.Vowel: UhBija: LamElement: EarthShabd Sound: Thunder/EarthquakeEnergy: Grounding"(Goldman, 2014)
"Whoever is ready for the Rosicrucian Way has latent within himself, the twelve notes or qualities but, according to the play of evolution, IT IS BY ONE NOTE - HIS NOTE - THAT HE MUST FOLLOW HIS PATH TO ENLIGHTEMENT. Moreover, the twelve notes are in such concord that progress on one note “entails”, so to speak, a harmonious progression to the eleven others, even though these are not "wide awake", and this shows the underlying unity, from where the postulants advance through the twelve doors of the same dwelling.. You will have rightly deduced that each of the twelve houses represents a note. It shelters those who have REALISED the state of ROSE-CROIX through the note which it expresses. Moreover, in each house the twelve adepts, each represent also a note, or Path — the note or Path which has been his main characteristic in the final degree he has attained." (Bernard, 1977, p.30)
The Light Body Exercises
The Light Egg Exercise
"Relax and visualize yourself surrounded by a large oval shell of light. Think about the oval light surrounding and enveloping you. Feel and seem its brightness. Expectedly, after the third or fourth day you would be able to perceive it's brightness in a dark room. You should visualize that light coming dawn to you and not emanating from you, like a big cloud of light perfectly white; like an open space and looking oval at the center where you should be." Source: AMORC-D11T-MM#129 p.4 (PT).
The Egg Exercise (S.R.I.A.)
From the R+C-FS-FORUM I received the Egg Exercise: "Most of you know at least some version of this technique, so we'll just outline the most effective way its built within the ranks of the Rose+Cross/Croix, Martinist, Templar and Rosicrucian systems.
As a priest and a minor representative of one of the many Rosicrucian outfits out there (S.R.I.A.), I will pass on to you the process of "putting on the Armour," use this technique whenever you feel down (and up) but particularly every night at 7PM and/or 8PM, where thousands of us do this same exercise ... How to become a Brother/Sister of the Light.
I've spent many years in many Orders and at present even represent a few. In all that time the most important practice, exercise, whatever you wish to call it, is the Egg Exercise. I know that Lewis [HSL] didn't fully expound on it until the eleventh degree, but with alot of hints along the way. This exercise has been found in all true occult and mystical orders, and I truly feel that Lewis should have started people off with this exercise as soon as they started the Temple Degrees. (...) THERE ARE NO EXERCISES AS IMPORTANT AS THIS ONE. For this is the one that leads to our Transfiguration. Do this to charge the water you drink morning and night, do this before and during your breathing exercises, etc. As you read it you will understand. Standing, siting, laying down, in the shower, on the throne, doing dishes, weeding, running a front loader, doing data entry, writing a grant, forklifting, brushing your teeth, whatever, this exercise must become a major part of your life. This is the first part of the technique of being able to "pray unceasingly." If you are a priest or priestess, practice standing because this starts full blown with your vesting prayers and is the key to bringing down the force at the Epiclesis.
- Relax (that's a key to everything), do a set of Complete Breaths the Master's Breath if you can, but don't worry about it yet.
- Imagine a basketball size sun just above your head, a shaft of light and fire connects this ball with Sol of or solar system, feeding it fire, energy, Love, Light, Life, etc., etc.
- Now a shaft of fire comes down from your personal sun and enters the top of your head at the crown, and travels down your neck and into your heart where it explodes into a shower of sparks.
- Tons of sparks start working their way down your torso, spreading light, fire, heat, energy all through your body. Pushing all negativity, darkness, stain, fat, everything you don't need down your body, it just falls away into the earth (The Great Mother can transmute it), pouring out of the arches of your feet.
- The sparks travel down into your stomach, intestines, hips, legs, knees, all the way down, pushing out dirt and darkness, until finally it reaches the toes and stops.
- You then begin to fill with fire, your feet, ankles, legs hips, fire, energy, everywhere, causing the body to completely relax from the heat.
- Always being fed from above, then the sparks start to fall down the arms doing the same, pushing out the darkness, then filling up with Light.
- You can feel yourself cleansing, energizing, blood turning to gas, relaxing deeper, a slight feeling of expansion from the heat, as the fire fills up your neck, jaw, eyes, nose, brain, finally the crown. Your body is completely on fire, full of Light and Love from the Sun itself.
- You can begin to feel the pressure build at the crown for you are still being fed from above, until finally the sparks explode out of the top of your head and showers down around you, behind and in front, on both sides sparks pushing away all darkness from you.
- As these sparks come down they begin to pull closer to the body until they slip under and enter into the arches of your feet. Then it really begins to flow. Up the body, out, down, and around, always being fed from the sun above so the sparks turn into a mass of fire, flowing faster and faster, in, up, out, down and around, spreading farther and farther from you so you start to appear as a sun yourself. Nothing can touch you unless it or they are as bright or brighter than you, lest they be burned.
This is the Robe of Glory, the Force, this will become the key to our Transfiguration when it gets strong enough. Surround yourself in it, surround your car as you drive, surround your loved ones in it. Most of you know this, but how many do it? If you get nothing else out of this series of lessons get this one. With practice it will get stronger, then when you get emotionally involved with this its power will leap to bounds unheard of, this is the key to personal magnetism, the key to true healing, this is how you attract your true teacher, by how much light you project with your mouth shut."
Paul F. Case saw it this way:
"The higher technique of these exercises in creative imagination has to do with building the pattern of the deathless "Solar Body," which is symbolized by the rising sun in the background of Key 13. Few persons know that such a body can be built. Fewer still are aware that some human beings actually have built such a vehicle. The race thought runs counter to this idea. We mistakenly suppose that everyone must die."
This practice must be done for every exercise, ritual and liturgy you ever do, for without it you have no power to throw pentagrams, charge talismans, defend your home, yourself or others, invoke, evoke, heal yourself or others, perform the Liturgy or even pray effectively, let alone anything else of a nature you may wish to do." (Holcomb, 2000)
The Light Body Activation Exercise (Summit University)
- Prepare yourself focusing inwards.
- Relax and breath rhythmically.
- Focuse you intention of reaching your Monad, high above your head (higher chakras).
- Call your Monad to merge its Divine Light with the light of every cell in your body, expanding your Body of Light.
- Feel the Divine Light comming down, merging with the light of your cells, each and all of them, expanding into a glorious body of white Light expanding all around you like a luminous egg of Light. Feel it invensible, indestructible, impenetrable, and invisible to all misqualified forces of the Universe.
- Then feel that Light also connecting to the centre of the Earth, like a Pillar of Light directly from the Cosmic Source, linking Havens and Earth. Feel the connection and the pulsating vibration running back and forth making you a living and conscious cosmic link.
The Middle Pillar Ritual
This is a powerful energy-invoking exercise used to bring down the Divine Light, into the body of the Initiate. Once the Light has been installed in the Heart (point 9 below), it may effectively be channelled outward as healing and transformative energy through the palm of the hand as a pure white Ray of force, towards whatever object is intended as recipient.
This exercise stands by itself as an energy focusing work, and may be utilized by any Initiate on a regular basis -- and certainly ought to be activated before attempting any transmittal of healing energy. It may also be done as part of a longer ritual process, such as following the LBPR and the Rose+Cross Rite, in that order. In this way, the LBPR clears and purifies your space; the Rose+Cross establishes a clear white background and connects the majors chakras upon which to work.
- Stand in the Temple (or other location) facing West. (This is because you are taken to be standing in the East, source of the Divine Light as it manifests on the Earth plane.)
- Arms are stretched out straight to both sides. On your right (the North) is the Black Pillar of Severity; on your left (the South) is the White Pillar of Mercy. You stand in between as the Kabbalistic Middle Pillar of Balance.
- A blindingly brilliant white light, the Light of the Infinite Self (Ain Soph Aur) originates far above your head, coming into the Crown (Saharshra chakra) forming a sphere the size of your head. Vibrate, strongly: EH-EI-EH ("I AM")
- When this is felt strongly, allow the light to descend to the Daath center (throat chakra).) Vibrate: YHVH ELOHIM (I Am the Mighty One of God.)
- Allow the Light to descend further to the heart center (Tiphareth/Anahatta chakra). Vibrate: YHVH ELOAH VE-DAATH. (I Am the Lord of Knowledge.)
- Allow the Light to descend through the Solar Plexus, down to the Svadisthana Chakra (generational center) at Yesod. Vibrate: SHADDAI EL-CHAI (Lord of Life.)
- Allow the Light to descend further, through the Muladhara Chakra (root center) and all the way down to the earth, gaining density as it progresses. Vibrate: ADNI HA-ARETZ (Lord of the Earth.)
- The Divine Light now surrounds the whole body of the Initiate.
- Allow it to ascend back up to center it in the Heart, where it becomes established in fullness.
- From this Center, visualize the Divine Light circulating around you, while doing a rhythmic breath, starting in your upper front side and circulating down below your feet towards the back and closing up over the head.
- While continuing doing a rhythmic breath, visualize the Divine Light circulating now down to the right side, passing below your feet, running around your left side until the to of the head.
- After been filling the strong circulation of the energy around you get you attention back to you heart center. From that center, fell your entire body of Divine Light vibrating in height cosmic octaves , connected above with the Cosmic Source and below with the energy center of our Plane Earth. Fill the FLOW. (Adapted description from EarthLink article)
Credits: Light Grid
- Lay down and relax.
- Feel your Solar Plexus area (30 cm in diameter) rising its temperature and energy.
- After some time, visualize that energy rising in a clockwise spiral from the center of that area and opening its loops as it rises above your body and exponentially expanding its loops until reaching thousands of kilometers of diameter, or involving the entire Universe.
- Continue rising the spiral util its point of origin become noticeable warm.
- After performing this exercise for some time you'll start to feel an incoming Cosmic Energy from above following the spiral axis and penetrating into you Solar Plexus.
Bringing Down the Light Ritual
- "After taking a ritual bath, sit quietly for a few moments of meditation, facing the Eastern part of your temple space.
- When you feel ready, stand and place both of your hands over your heart center, one hand crossing the other.
- Visualize a great brilliant Light which occupies a space that is both above you and beyond you in the East.
- As you contemplate this Light, visualize the figure of a white triangle traced in the brilliance before you. The white ofthe triangle shimmers and pulses iridescently.
- When the vision is very strong, bring your right hand straight out in front of you and your left hand just in front of your heart area, palm outward.
- With your right hand, trace a large spiral in the air in front of you (begin at the outer left-hand edge of the spiral and go clockwise).
- Bring the spiral slowly in toward you as you trace it.
- When your right hand reaches your left hand, join both hands together with the fingers interlocking and turn them so that the knuckles of your hand touch your heart area, and the palms face outward. This is the Sign of the Spiraling Light.
- As you perform this, visualize the Divine Light spiraling in a funnel shape toward you.
- Say the words, "Let the white brilliance of the Divine Spirit descend!" As you do so, feel a flood of the Divine Light course through your entire body, from your head to your feet. The Light then centers itself at your heart area. Be aware of the connection that exists between your body and the universal Light.
- Equilibrate this Light through your body by performing the Qabalistic Cross.
- Then say the words, "Khabs Am Pekht, Konx Om Pax, Light in Extension."
- Make three complete clockwise circuits around the boundaries of your temple space, all the while envisioning that you are carrying the Divine Light around the temple in a spiral of energy from the area of your heart.
- After completing the third circumambulation, return to the East and face West.
- Imagine the white triangle of Light firmly established in the center of your temple space. See it vividly.
- Continue meditating for as long as you like.
- when you are finished, make three counter-clockwise circumambulations of the temple all the while envisioning the white triangle in the center of the room disintegrating.
- Imagine the Divine Light from the triangle flowing back through your heart center and up into the greater triangle of Light above you.
- At the end of the circumambulation, turn again toward the East and, with your hands interlocked over your heart, begin the Reverse Spiral of Light, which is simply the total reversal of the Sign of the Spiraling Light.
- Pause and perform again the Qabalistic Cross for equilibration." (OSM, 2009)
- Get yourself into deep meditation, preferably after done the Cosmic Spiral exercise, thus having achieved advanced Cosmic Harmonization.
- Visualize the Cosmic as the sands of a beach.
- Visualize your Cosmic Counterpart as the perfect template/blueprint for your body waiting for you to rematch.
- Visualize yourself filling your cosmic template completely until you feel that you have fit in it perfectly.
- Become conscious of the Cosmic space around you and become one with it.
- Then feel the vital power of the Cosmic permeating every part of your body restoring your vitally and your regenerative powers, physically and psychically.
What I Found So Far
Contacting with My HS
Body of Light & Related Exercises
Reaching the Personal Note
- What's the "True development" that should be realized by the Rosicrucian student?
- How should the student build an "inner structure"?
- What's this required "inner structure"?
- How to evaluate such "inner structure"?
- What are that "value" that shows that the student is "READY"?
Glossary of Abbreviation & Terms Used
- A.M.O.R.C.'s master monographs Index.
- Bernard, Raymond (1968) As Mansões Secretas da Rosacruz (The Secret Houses of the Rosicrucians), 2nd Ed. Renes, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.
- Bernard, Raymond (1968) The Secret Houses of the Rosi-Croix, online edition, HUMANISM & TRANSCENDENCE.
- Goldman, Jonathan (2014) Sound and the Chakras (online article).
- Holcomb, Glen (2000) The Most Important Exercise. Source: [saturnsgate@HOTMAIL.COM] Sunday, R+C-FS-FORUM@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM. (First and second versions of the message combined).
- Litterary Work of Raymond Bernard.
- OSM (2009) Ordo Stella Matutina - Hermetic Sanctuary of Ma'at
- Stavish, Mark (1997) The Body of Light in Western Esoteric Tradition. Online essay: Hermetic.com.
- Stone, Dr. Joshua David (2014) 40 Weeks Light Activation Course. Online course sponsored by Summit University.
- 09/01/2015 - Post creation.
- 12/01/2015 - Added the Personal Note
- 13/01/2014 - Added the Light Body + The Egg Exercise
- 14/01/2014 - Added the Middle Pilar Ritual + The Light Egg Exercise + The Body of Light Activation Exercise
- 15/01/2015 - Added some structural changes in the order of the paragraphs in the Light Body section and clarification on the AMORC Light Egg Exercise.
- 16/01/2015 - Added the Cosmic Spiral exercise.
- 17/01/2015 - Added the Bringing Down the Light ritual.
- 18/01/2015 - Added the Cosmic Counterpart exercise.
- 22/01/2015 - Added in the My Findings section my comments on the Body of Light & Related Exercises.
- 23/01/2015 - Added in the BOL section: MER-KA-BAH.
- 28/01/2015 - Added extra info into the Clues to the Hidden Chamber section.
- 29/01/2015 - Added image to the Clues to the Hidden Chamber section (my concept of the Inner Temple)
- 29/01/2015 - Added to the Personal Note section info on Chromatic Scale and the Master Key used by B.O.T.A.
- 30/01/2015 - Added to the What I Found So Far section, Reaching the Personal Note. I also started to draw some Conclusions from may study review.
- 04/02/2015 - Added content to the Conclusions section.
- 21/07/2015 - Add my personal insight to locate the inner Temple outer chamber position and musica note in the section Clues to the Hidden Chambers.
- 25/07/2015 - Added some interesting question in the Conclusions section.
- 24/11/2015 - Added some updates as proof reading in the text.
Or do you have any useful tips you want to share?
If so, please leave a replay