I would like to open a discussion regarding the concept of an Adept and its required preparation in an esoteric school settings like the Rosicrucian orders, not only AMORC but other Rosicrucian schools or orders as well.
As I recall, one of the first authors to capture my full attention were Louis Pauwels and Jacques Bergier, then came Paul Brunton, Gourdieff, Ouspensky, Carlos Castaneda and currently Paul Foster Case and Josephine MaCarthy.
"My father had underlined in red pencil in this book a passage I still remember:Even the most troubled epoch is worthy of respect, because it is the work not just of a few people but of humanity; and thus it is the work of creative nature—which is often cruel but never absurd. If this epoch in which we are living is a cruel one it is more than ever Our duty to love it, to penetrate it with our love till we have removed the heavy weight of matter screening the light that shines on the farther side. " (Pauwells, L. 1920, p.11).
"The more I wander around this turning globe the more I realize that it is not only individual men, parties, governments or peoples who are to blame for the distressful condition of the human race—so mesmerized by popular follies and so deluded by traditional fables!—but also common ignorance concerning three fundamental questions :What am I ?What is the object of existence ?What is the meaning of the world and experience ?I perceive with startling precision that the bursting of this integument of ancient ignorance will do more than anything else to make enduring peace descend on our troubled earth.
The pith of the world problem is too plain for our complex age to perceive : all acts are sprayed up by the hidden fountain of mind, and when men learn to think rightly they will act accordingly, not before. Their deeds can never be greater than their ideas, for the unheard declarations of the mind decide the noisy journeys of the feet. The world's bitter sorrows and bestial sins are but symptoms of a disease whose cause is old ignorance and whose only cure is new knowledge." (Brunton, Paul 1941, p.7)
What we actually are?
What is the Purpose of Our Existence ?
Existence has been variously defined by sources. In common usage, it is the world one is aware or conscious of, and that persists independent of one's absence. Other definitions describe it as everything that 'is', or more simply, everything. Some define it to be everything that most people believe in. ("Definition of EXISTENCE". Merriam-Webster.)
What about those parts or components of us that do not have physical substance, or vibrations/frequencies that are more subtle that those who manifest as physical substance? Like the Vital Force, the Aura, the Etheric body and the Mind and Consciousness? What we can say about the existence of those things?
What immediately occurs to us is that we can only KNOW that something exist because we have conscious perception of that. Otherwise, nothing would have existed to us, not even ourselves. Plato, the famous Greek philosopher, once said: "I think therefore I am" (translated into English, of course). That is correct for the Mind and the existence of the ego, our lower self, as the thinking process reflects the ego and its attributes. However seems that Plato didn't realised the distinction between the Mind and the Consciousness. The meditation practices demonstrate to us that the practitioner's consciousness exists beyond the activity of the mind, witnessing the mind's processes.
At this point we can say that the ultimate witness of our existence is our consciousness.
Also some meditation practices seems to demonstrate that reaching that level our consciousness opens up to other levels of vibration/frequencies that we call other realms or planes. Therefore, if our consciousness have the ability to reach other levels of existence beyond our own, we may say that we have ability to manifest our intention into those levels, manifesting, causing changes in the Multiversal energy. Also that may imply that we exist in many different levels of the multiversal energy (that explain why Theosophists keep saying that we have several energetic bodies, each one to allow us to interact with a different energy level of the multiverse). From that point on we may conclude that our nature/existence is very complex and all our levels of existence are intertwined making one hole being.
The inescapable conclusion from my previous reasoning is that our purpose in life must be related to integration of our various conscious levels and become aware of our true multidimensional actuality.
From my point of view, our purpose as conscious beings, is to become aware of our true nature overwriting the beliefs generated by our 5 physical senses. The way I see it, we can only overcome our deep conditioning based on the senses is by expanding our consciousness beyond the mind including our nature as energy beings and starting to use our higher senses or psychic senses. That higher perception system gives us access to the actual stuff of the Cosmos and its dynamics.
Can We Interact with the Matrix of the Multiverse?
The Tuning Fork Effect
"Our very limited understanding of the Universe prevents us from seeing the vast multi-layered highways of consciousness, power and substance (particles), how they interact and how their interactions trigger more highways, patterns and expressions." (...) "The inner and outer worlds are not separate realms; they are intricately interwoven like a bolt of fine linen. Anything you do energetically in one realm affects many others." (...) "Any act of magic will have an effect through the worlds to a greater of lesser degree, because magic is the tuning fork of the Universe: it is the vibration that effects changes far beyond our understanding of the original action and allows us to perceive and interact with power." (McCarthy, Josephine 2012)
"(...) a properly trained adept can walk up to a candle, or go out into the sunshine or the wind, or can walk into a church or temple and just stand there. They can utter a single ritual call or intent with no dressing, no candles, no robes, scripts, or wands, and all the power will immediately switch on and start working. That is because the adept is plugged into the power properly and the simple action of intent with focus, uttering that intent or using a physical action to trigger externalization of that intent, will bring the magic powerfully into action." (McCarthy, Josephine 2014, p.4)
McCarthy gave us a clue with her concept of magic as a Tuning Fork of the Universe (Multiverse).
We are not alone. We are part of the infinite Multiverse!
- Cosmos: The cosmos is a complex and orderly system, such as our Universe; the opposite of Chaos. It is the Universe regarded as an ordered system. The philosopher Pythagoras is regarded as the first person to apply the term cosmos (Greek κόσμος) to the order of the Universe. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Consciousness:Consciousness is the quality or state of awareness, or, of being aware of an external object or something within oneself. It has been defined as: sentience, awareness, subjectivity, the ability to experience or to feel, wakefulness, having a sense of selfhood, and the executive control system of the mind. Despite the difficulty in definition, many philosophers believe that there is a broadly shared underlying intuition about what consciousness is. As Max Velmans and Susan Schneider wrote in The Blackwell Companion to Consciousness: "Anything that we are aware of at a given moment forms part of our consciousness, making conscious experience at once the most familiar and most mysterious aspect of our lives." (Source: Wikipedia)
- Holographic Universe: Today nearly everyone is familiar with holograms, three-dimensional images projected into space with the aid of a laser. Now, two of the world’s most eminent thinkers -- University of London physicist David Bohm, a former protégé of Einstein’s and one of the world’s most respected quantum physicists, and Stanford neurophysiologist Karl Pribram, one of the architects of our modern understanding-of-the brain -- believe that the universe itself may be a giant hologram, quite literally a kind of image or construct created, at least in part, by the human mind. This remarkable new way of looking at the universe explains not only many of the unsolved puzzles of physics, but also such mysterious occurrences as telepathy, out-of-body and near-death experiences, "lucid" dreams, and even religious and mystical experiences such as feelings of cosmic unity and miraculous healings. (Source: (Review by Larry Dossey, M.D., author of Space, Time & Medicine)
- Multiverse: It is a concept of a multidimensional Universe. The multiverse (or
meta-universe) is the hypothetical set of infinite or finite possible
universes (including the historical universe we consistently experience)
that together comprise everything that exists: the entirety of space,
time, matter, and energy as well as the physical laws and constants that
describe them. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Quantum Entanglement:Quantum entanglement is a physical phenomenon that occurs when pairs or groups of particles are generated or interact in ways such that the quantum state of each particle cannot be described independently – instead, a quantum state may be given for the system as a whole. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Ritual Magic: Ceremonial magic or ritual magic, also referred to as high magic and as learned magic in some cases, is a broad term used in the context of Hermeticism or Western esotericism to encompass a wide variety of long, elaborate, and complex rituals of magic. It is named as such because the works included are characterized by ceremony and myriad necessary accessories to aid the practitioner. It can be seen as an extension of ritual magic, and in most cases synonymous with it. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Yoga: ˈjoʊɡə/; Sanskrit: योग, Listen; are the physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines that aim to transform body and mind. The term denotes a variety of schools, practices and goals. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Brunton, Paul (1934) - A Search in Secret India. Rider & Co., London, U.K.
- Brunton, Paul (1941) - The Hidden Teaching Beyond Yoga. 2dn Ed. Rider & Co., London, U.K.
- McCarthy, Josephine (2012) - Magical Knowledge, Book I Foundations, Mangrake of Oxford (Kindle Edition - no ref. to pages).
- McCarthy, Josephine (2014) - Quareia, Apprentice Module 1: Core Skills, Lesson 4: Ritual techniques.
- Pauwels, Louis & Bergier, Jacques (1920) - The Morning of the Magicians. Galimard, Paris.
- Post Created: 6/10/2014
- Added top Note about 2011 Monographs release.