I would like to open a discussion regarding the concept of an Adept and its required preparation in an esoteric school settings like the Rosicrucian orders, not only AMORC but other Rosicrucian schools or orders as well.
Released eBooks by Frater T.A.S. ::FRC XIII:
One of the latest Adepts to contact the Brotherhood were:
- McGregor Matters (1896) - Receiving the Second Order materials from Fra. Lux e Tenebris in Paris. See also the Hermetic & Rosicrucian Timeline: http://www.golden-dawn.com/eu/displaycontent.aspx?pageid=71- (look down for year 1896)
- C. W. Leadbeater (1927) - Path of the Masters - He reports his personal contacts with the Brotherhood of Light's Masters, also shared by Annie Beasant and Helena Blavatsky (founder of the Theosophical Society).
- Nicholas Roerich (1928) - Shambala Resplandescent - Contact with the Masters of the Great White Brotherhood.
- Raymond Bernard (1970) - AMORC Grand Master for France - He gave us an detailed account of his encounters with the Masters of the Secret Mansions of the Rose-Cross in the Temple of the Spiritum Sactum. In his accounts, he told us a great deal about what the activities of what the GD called the Secret Chiefs. Please refer to http://www.mystical-tradition.net/public/secret_meeting/secret_frames.htm and follow his touching experience with the R+C Masters in flesh .
- David John Griffin & Jean-Pascal Ruggiu (1999 & 2011) (both advanced Adepts of the HOGD/AO) - They received Second & Third Order materials from Fra. Lux e Tenebris also in Paris. See also: http://www.golden-dawn.com/eu/displaycontent.aspx?pageid=105-esoteric-orders and http://hermetic-golden-dawn.blogspot.com/2011/07/unveiled-secret-chiefs-transmit.html.
And we have the real question: Who among those currently claiming "connection" with the Rosicrucian Tradition (which actually is the R+C Tradition) are delivering the true current of Hermetic Teachings? How do you know that the material you are reading came from the real source of the esoteric knowledge? That question is intimate related to the distinction between GD organization and Western Esoteric Tradition.
In my humble point of view, the only highly regarded teachings are those coming from the Invisible Fraternity of the Rosicrucians because they are the bearers of the Esoteric Tradition, nothing else can be trusted as an actual means of self-development.
Fraternally in LVX,