Swami Vivekananda, for instance, tells us about a spiritual school in India called Rasyanas, which are well versed in Hermetic thought, particularly on the "So above, it is below". They believe that we had the power to tap in the infinite source of Light to attain physical immortality while we can complete the Great Work.
Also, in 1879, Dr. William A. P. Martin, a missionary in China, tells us that Alchemy were known and practiced in China at least 300 years BC.
According to Paul Foster Case, Alchemy "is the science of the hidden essence, which is veiled by solar energy." It is an Osirian Art to control the hidden powers and occult forces concealed beneath the physical appearances.
Some points worth to highlight:
1. We exist, we live, in an ocean of spiritual Light and our mind can tap into that unlimited source at will.
2. That creative spiritual Light is concentrated in our Solar body.
3. Hermetic Alchemy is a science related to the Solar Energy and its power of transformation.
4. Our minds have the power to build our bodies at each incarnation on this physical plane, so we have the inner power to rebuild it at will until we can attain enlightment.
5. Preparing our bodies using the spiritual solar energy (using the techniques of Hermetic Alchemy) we can attain immortality, at least until it matters...
I would like to open a discussion regarding the concept of an Adept and its required preparation in an esoteric school settings like the Rosicrucian orders, not only AMORC but other Rosicrucian schools or orders as well.